All employees in this company are important, not only to the company but to their families. Every worker has the right to a safe and healthy work place. We strive for the protection of health and safety of all the employees and other persons at the place of work and to:
- Promote a culture of health and safety
- Provide for the enforcement of health and safety
- Provide appropriate participation of employee and employer in health and safety matters and training.
- Provide effective monitoring and inspection, investigation and inquiries to improve health and safety.
- Regulate employers and employees duties to identify hazards and eliminate, control and minimize the risk to health and safety
- Enable the right to refuse to work in dangerous conditions.
Capricorn Civils recognizes that the demand for a more balanced and integrated workforce at all levels, irrespective of race or gender, is a priority. It is for this reason that the Company started some years ago to successfully address the development needs of its employees in order to create equal opportunities for all.
Capricorn Civils supports an integrated yet decentralized Human Resources Policy which concentrates on providing both Management and Employees with skills and knowledge in tandem with good practical experience in order for both to manage their jobs and daily tasks more efficiently and with a greater degree of confidence. These actions will lead to not only greater productivity amongst all but in addition to each individual’s own advancement within the Company. The objective therefore is to enable Management and Employees to achieve the organisation’s primary goals.
The fundamental objective of Capricorn Civils training and development philosophy is thus to provide a career development programme for employees that would be in line with the individual needs of the employee as well as with the organizational demands of the Company. During the programme every individual’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as his / her ability to participate in such a career development programme is taken into account.
In order to achieve the above, Capricorn Civils strives to:
- Ensure that training and development practices and opportunities are equal for all employees regardless of race or gender;
- Ensure that employees are trained and developed in order for organizational needs to be attained and that training and development programmes be linked to each individual’s potential for advancement and personal growth needs, where ever appropriate and possible;
- Utilise employees fully in positions for which they are qualified for;
- Link Human Resources Training and Development to a fair and acceptable performance management system;
- Advance existing employees from within the organization before procuring externally.